Why does a lack of exercise cause other health problems?
I being a Nutritionist believe that physical activity is the backbone of a person. The primary cause of most chronic diseases is physical inactivity. A person that has a sedentary lifestyle is at risk of various acute to chronic diseases. Imagine a person, spending his/her time 24/7 in bed and a person who is continuously doing some work ( physical activity), guess who will be living a healthy life? The person who has some physical activity. The person performing more physical activity daily will be at low risk of getting fat if compared to a person living a sedentary lifestyle.
Health risks linked to physical inactivity:
It was seen that the lack of exercise is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases and other chronic diseases:
High Blood Pressure:
People living sedentary lifestyles are at greater risk of developing high blood pressure.
Risk of type 2 diabetes:
A person that performs a lot of physical activity can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Coronary heart diseases:
Studies have shown that people that have an active lifestyle are less likely to develop chronic diseases like ‘Coronary heart diseases’ than people with living a sedentary lifestyle.
Anxiety and depression:
Risk of Cancers:
People living a sedentary lifestyle (Physically inactive) are at greater risk of living certain cancers. Certain cancers include:
Physical inactivity is the major cause of obesity. And obesity is the major cause of acute to chronic diseases. But with regular physical activity, obese people can reduce the risk of disease.
How does lack of physical activity affect your mental health?
Inactivity can prompt psychological wellness issues, as per specialists. Proof introduced at the British Nutrition Foundation meeting shows showed that not getting sufficient actual effort can cause dementia and anxiety, and depression reports the BBC.
How does an inactive lifestyle affect your body?
- People living inactive lifestyles burn fewer calories that makes them more likely to gain weight.
- Because of an inactive lifestyle, those people can lose muscle strength and endurance as muscles are not having enough movement.
- Mineral content can be lost as a result bones get weaker.
- The metabolism of an inactive person can be affected, and the person’s body will have difficulty breaking fats and sugars down.
- The functions of the immune system will not be performed properly in an inactive person
- The body will be at risk of inflammation
- There will likely be a hormonal imbalance
- Blood circulation will be disturbed causing other issues
How can I be more active around the house?
There are a lot of ways by following those you can be active around the house. Some of them are as follows:
- Continue to move while you stare at the TV. Lift hand loads, do some delicate yoga stretches, or pedal an activity bicycle. Rather than utilizing the TV distance, get up and change the channels yourself.
- Work out at home with an exercise video (on your TV or the web)
- Go for walk in your area. It tends to be more enjoyable if you walk your dog, walk your children to school, or walk with a companion.
- Stand up when chatting on the telephone.
- Get some gym equipment for your home. Treadmills and curved coaches are incredible, however not every person has the cash or space for one. More affordable gear, for example
- Yoga balls
- Practice mats
- Stretch groups
- Hand loads
- These can assist you with getting exercise at home as well.